Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fall Weather is Boot Weather

Here in the South, the weather is cooling off which means something awesome. It means boots! Yes, boots. I am in love with boots. I'll wear them all year around.

When the Fall hits, I pull out my trusty pair of leather boots I bought off of Ebay four years ago and break them back in. I also go on the look out for more boots to enjoy.

Let's talk about boots for a moment. Many of us would probably be happy with a pair of black chunky heels and the obligatory Doc Martens. However, sometimes we need boots suitable for work, church and going out all at once.

I've found that a specific pair of boots can fit the category for all of these. A pair of under the knee boots with a low chunky or platform heel tends to be comfortable to wear all day, but awesome enough to take to the goth club. This type of boot is also fairly easy on the feet when running around the dance floor.

If you're into a more feminine look, a pair of ankle high boots with a low heel is also a good choice. It's a well-rounded boot that can go to the office and to a party. While I personally can't wear any heel but a chunky heel, I've seen many friends make this boot work.

Maybe your style is a bit more on the edge. Or, you can just make the good old combat boot work. I wish I could make that work all the time. Sadly, my "grown up goth" style forbids the ever-present combat boot in favor of the first boot I mentioned. Let's face it though, a good pair of combat style boots are fantastic. They're comfortable, versatile and can take a beating.

However, I don't recommend real combat boots. Trust me, those are not comfortable at all. They may look the part, but they will kill your feet after a few hours.

What about you? What's your favorite boot for the Fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment