Friday, October 14, 2011

Winter Knitting Projects

I enjoy knitting. It's a fun hobby and it also keeps me off of video games. I can play a lot of video games if I am not careful, so I had to pick up something else that would be a little more productive. Though it's weird, I decided why not knit? It makes stuff and I like to make stuff. Simple enough right? Wrong. Knitting is rewarding but not easy.

We'll get more into that later. I have some knitting projects for the upcoming season. These links go to Ravelry.com so I hope they show up. If they don't, I'll be including pictures anyway.



The first project are these Mary Jane baby booties. Are these not awesome? I found a black cotton yarn to make them with. They will be a gift for a friend who is expecting a girl in February. I think she'll love them.


The next two projects is this "Dudester scarf" as it's called. It's definitely a masculine scarf. I'll be modifying the pattern for some bolder stripes. One will be two shades of blue for my husband. The other will be orange and blue for my Step-son (his favorite colors).


Then comes this hooded scarf. The cable work on it will make it a bit more complicated than a regular scarf. But I think my Step-Daughter will like it a lot.

What about you? Do you knit? What are you working on that's crafty?

No comments:

Post a Comment